Cyber Engineer Admin
6555 Rock Spring Dr bet, Maryland 20817
Our client is currently looking for a Cyber Security System Engineer-Administrator to join a Security Operations organization on a contract with a federal government client with an important mission.
- Design large enterprise architectures
- Understand threats and vulnerabilities associated with a large enterprise and develop approaches for mitigation
- Members of this team are highly motivated, self-driven, and given great latitude to bring forth new ideas for managing risk.
- Provide engineering support for Security Operations, including deployment, operation and maintenance, and full documentation thereof
- Plan and manage system engineering/deployment projects, to include schedule management with realistic timelines, communications management, user training, user-acceptance testing and documentation
- Provide system administration for Security Operations
- Contribute adequate information and documentation of team operations for leadership and other constituents
- Five or more years of related work experience
- Knowledge of Network technology and common protocols
- IT system engineering methods and best demonstrated practices
- IT system administration methods and best demonstrated practices
- Strong knowledge of agent deployment, including scripting, deployment, and general system administration
- Knowledge of patch management tools, such as SCCM or LANDesk
- Knowledge of deployment tools such as Splunk or FireEye.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience deploying cyber security systems, tools, sensors and/or scanners
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux administration and extensive Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Ability to pass a public trust clearance
- Certification in information security or networking: Net+, Sec+, CISSP, SSCP, etc.
- Experience implementing firewalls and IDS/IPS tools
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds, Manage Engine, Whatsup Gold and others
- Experience in Windows and Unix Server environments
- Experience with engineering, system administration or use of SIEM systems
- Experience with Oracle database development or administration
- Experience with Powershell
- Experience with programming and/or scripting