210 Mundy Memorial Dr. Mt. Juliet, Tennessee 37122
The CNC Programmer for is an entry level position that assists in developing, evaluating, and improving production and processing methods and controls in manufacturing to achieve operational excellence. Works in conjunction with manufacturing engineer on recommending and implementing operational sequences, equipment utilization and tooling improvements and efficiencies regarding to ensure cost, quality and operational improvements. He/she will assist in establishing work measurement standards and play an active role in ensuring quality, safety, and lean manufacturing systems and processes (SMED, Kaizen, 5S).
The CNC Programmer reports to the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering. The position is located at the Mount Juliet, TN, and requires minimal travel (up to 10%). The position requires the ability to work independently but with oversight and direction from the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The position requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with engineering, materials, operations, and quality, and work and communicate across at various levels across the organization.
- Promotes safety awareness with other key members of the plant team. Promotes accident prevention and employee involvement in regard to a safe work environment. Ensures employees have an understanding of the safety expectations of the organization.
- Supports and implements the continuous improvement roadmap for the manufacturing team. Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive continued operational improvements.
- Develops Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programs for various types of machines (CNC lathes, vertical machining centers, horizontal machining centers, multi-axis machines).
- Establishes appropriate machining methods and tool sequences.
- Recommends necessary fixturing and tooling.
- Assists in the evaluation and development of manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Utilizes ERP software.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Complies with government regulations and managing environmental requirements.
- Assists setup personnel with process or tooling issues, recommending necessary fixturing and tooling used in manufacturing.
- Analyzes and solves process and tool-related problems, ensuring or increasing productivity.
- Makes recommendations to modify or replace equipment when necessary to support demand or improve productivity.
- Establishes and updates manufacturing standards (rates, BOM’s, etc.).
- Ensure integrity of prints, bills of material, setup sheets and routings.
- Works closely with procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices.
- Performs all work in a manner that ensures safety of self and others.
- Supports Destaco policies and procedures, including those governing the quality system as defined by ISO9001.
- Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive improvements.
- Requires 2 – 4 years experience in Associate Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Experienced in implementing Lean toolsAbility to maintain a positive attitude and work in a team-oriented environment
- Analyzes, solves and implements solutions independent
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD/CAM software (Solidworks, Mastercam, Gibbs)
- Working knowledge of Blue Print reading
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, tooling, fixturing and materials
- Effective written and verbal communication skills