CAD Design Tech
361 Mallory Station Rd. Franklin, Tennessee 37067
Responsibilities include performing technical drafting using CAD software in the preparation of engineering drawings as well as related assigned duties. Technician will be responsible for producing accurate exhibits, details and construction plans from markups, notes and sketches in accordance with company and industry standards. Knowledge in the terminology, methods, practices and techniques of civil engineering, particularly site grading modeling, preferred. The successful candidate will also understand basic system administration techniques as required to move data and files between applications and network locations and have a commitment to becoming a key member of a highly productive design team.
Our company is consistently ranked in the Top 500 Engineering firms.
· High school diploma or GED and Certificate in Drafting
· 1 or more years of drafting experience in a professional setting
· Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge in the terminology, methods, practices and techniques of airport design and civil engineering; and ability to assist in other areas of our business as needed
· Skilled training (either formal or on-the-job) in Bentley’s In-Roads or Autodesk’s Civil 3D software packages, specifically in the site grading applications of either or both
· Associates degree in drafting or design