Video NCC Tech Tier II
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain quality control of video, audio, and data transport feeds through analytics and network management systems for transmission over fiber optic networks.
- Open, maintain, and close trouble cases related to client and network services.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain local and wide area network solutions, including Type II and on-net providers.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain client services delivered via the Live Video Network.
- Next level internal and vendor escalation and support for Tier I
- Applicant must possess a working knowledge of WAN and LAN network concepts, protocols, and transport technologies not limited to: SONET, WDM, DTM, ATM, MPLS, and IP.
- Ownership of Change Management schedules and impacts related to Live Video.
- Establish and implement alternative routes via the Live Video network(s), as needed.
- Understanding of SMPTE standards, including but not limited to: 259M (SD-SDI), 292M (HD-SDI), SMPTE 424M (3G-SDI), and SMPTE 2036-3 (4K)
- Understanding of compressed (JPEG2000 / MPEG) and uncompressed digital signals (video and audio) over network transport systems.
- Understanding of SNMP and experience with monitoring and control systems for quality and service delivery.
- Ability to operate and understand results from test equipment, including but not limited to: Waveform, Vectorscopes, Oscilloscopes, transport stream analyzers, and digital signal monitors.
- Read, comprehend, and distribute information around schematics and technical manuals.
- Network and Element Upgrades (implementation)
- Support and maintain network element telemetry settings specific to Live Video solutions
- Configuration of network element performance monitoring and service statistics
- Coordinate and implement new service and activation dates with internal teams and customers.
- Working knowledge of site power and backup/UPS solutions.
- Strong customer-facing verbal and written communication.
- Provide Tier I level training.
- Establish and maintain information repositories related to Live Video NCC.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Project Management
- 3 years technical training to diploma level or better in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in the maintenance and operation of broadcast, transmission, and LAN + WAN network transport solutions, equipment, and environments
- Ability to interact with clients and co-workers in a professional and efficient manner
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Evertz, Infinera, Ciena, Net Insight, Ekinops, and/or Alcatel equipment and related network element management systems
- Experience with satellite transmission