Catapult is a full-service staffing, recruiting and consulting firm with 14 offices internationally and headquartered in Dallas, TX. At the foundation of Catapult’ s guiding principles, we value customer service, loyalty, honesty, and transparency when creating partnerships with our clients and candidates. In today’ s competitive market, we strive to build a PARTNERSHIP, follow a PROCESS, and deliver consistent RESULTS.
We are currently hiring an entry-level Technical Recruiter in our Nashville office. This is primarily a sales training role with incredible opportunity for growth. Once exposed to the industry and trained in its delivery, the objective is to promote the recruiter to an assigned territory focusing on local retail staffing business development efforts in one of our three primary industries: IT, Engineering, Professional Services. If upward mobility and opportunity in a performance-based culture is what you are seeking, you have found it here!
- Develop an understanding of client requirements including consultation with the client or client-facing colleagues to fully understand the client’ s needs, culture, and hiring objectives.
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and skill sets served, including trends and new developments.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies designed to identify and attract qualified candidates.
- Evaluate candidates, including interviews, and match their skills and strengths with client’ s job requirements.
- Creatively utilize networking, employee referrals, job boards, social media, ad searches, career fairs, internet research and direct contact to locate qualified candidates meeting client requirements.
- Facilitate and mediate the offer process, including salary negotiations, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment. Guide and advice candidates throughout the process.
- Oversee contract employees while on assignment. Assess and investigate personnel problems, administer performance counseling and coaching when deemed appropriate, timely escalate issue to appropriate resource and or level, provide recommendations with regard to disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Counsel candidates in resume preparation, interviewing and career planning.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with candidates.
- Utilize and understanding of relevant employment laws to avoid unlawful employment practices during the recruiting process.
- Effectively utilize company systems to perform duties and maintain records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years recruiting experience preferred.
- Ability to develop customer relationship management, consultative and negotiation skills.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to self-manage, prioritize initiatives and work well in a team environment with competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Strong internet research skills. Proficiency in MS office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand the verticals and disciplines served.
- In market and out of market travel to develop business, meet clients, attend job related training and seminars, attend trade conventions, interview and source candidates is required.
Traits: (Qualities candidate must have to be considered)
Teamwork: Inspires teamwork and collaboration through communication, partnering and personally executing to meet the Company goals. Works well with others.
Strategic Thinking: Analyzes, understands and anticipates the consequences that decision making has on the department and Company. Anticipates issues and presents solutions, not just problems.
Customer Service Commitment: Is committed to delivering performance that exceeds expectations for both internal and external customers. Exhibits behaviors of quality in meeting the needs of the people they work with and for.
Personal and Professional Credibility – Integrity: Holds self and others accountable for their actions, decisions and responsibilities. Demonstrates honesty, trustworthiness and dependability. Respectful of others. Displays a personal commitment to continuous self-development.
Results Orientation: Is committed to delivering superior performance. Is innovative and passionate about creating and maintaining a competitive advantage. (I.e.: considering market and industry trends, competitor’ s tactics, the consequences and implications of situations).