Tech Support Analyst I US CMPCJP00045961
Catapult Staffing is partnering with a Multi-national IT Consulting Firm in Schenectady, NY (12345) to provide a Tech Support Analyst I US Consultant to work in the fast-growing IT market!
In this role, you will:
- Assignment is VIP support for GE Power in Schenectady.
- The candidate will be dealing almost exclusively with VIPs.
- Responsible for supervising the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
- Provide day to day white glove hardware and software support for a list of identified VIPs including PCs, laptops, Mac' s, smartphone, etc.
Major Job Duties:
- Test and image desktops and laptops.
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals.
- Ability to setup, configure and add all hardware.
- Assist Corporate Desk Side Support technicians with large IMAC’ s.
- Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Provide technical support to end users via telephone.
- Back up and burn end user data.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes.
- Assist coworkers in resolution of end users’ technical issues.
- Assist coworkers in the execution of established processes and escalations.
- Test, image and clean PC’ s, laptop, monitors, printers, and other related hardware.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level -2 years of hands on technical knowledge of laptop and desktop design and software installation required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Possess 1 to 2 years’ experience in a break/fix environment.
- Able to lift and palletize heavy equipment. (PC’ s, monitors, printers.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Top 2:
- customer service and
Day to day responsibilities:
- Typical work schedule is M-F 8-5
- (rotating with another VIP tech once a full-time employee.)
*CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity*