Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing company that is innovative, cutting edge, and mission centered? Our prestigious technical and management consultants work closely with our customers in a dynamic, solution-oriented environment, and we are inviting you to apply for our recent opening as a Systems Engineer.
About the Project
The company provides VMWare expertise, database design and O&M support for the Distributed Application Virtualization Environment (DAVE). The DAVE is a single platform that hosts over 100 distributed applications used for worldwide operations. The company has played a vital role in migrating hundreds of physical application and database servers to more efficient and cost-effective virtual machine (VM) environments. The DAVE has helped standardize VM templates and hardware, simplify processes, reduces costs, and manage operations, and was recognized by InformationWeek Magazine as one of the Top 10 Government IT Innovations of 2013! The company' s team can provide a new VM with a template based on VM best practices, configured and tuned for specific application requirements in seconds.
Top Secret (CI Poly will need to be taken after hired)
- Play a key role in implementing candidate projects and programs in the virtual environment.
- Test and deploy new hosting system hardware and software, security updates, and patches as required.
- Review and understand system options and specifications of applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
- Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with application software as they relate to system design and build decisions that support the department' s function and goals.
- Analyze design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the application environment that meets customer specifications.
- Builds systems based on agreed design specifications to ensure the system meets end-user requirements.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues such as identifying appropriate resources and potential solution with minimal guidance
- Assist in development and maintenance of templates used to create custom virtual machines
- Troubleshoot system problems identified by users; assist other team members as required.
- Assists application and technical team in the on-going management of user requests, issues, or application problems.
- Identify and clarify/define problems and possible solutions independently; chooses among existing solutions to resolve
- Work under general supervision or broad instruction.
- 2-3 years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux setup and troubleshooting, including server prep for Oracle databases. Certifications are desired but not mandatory.
- 2-3 years administrating Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012; understanding of Active Directory, SQL Server, and DNS a plus.
- 2-3 years of use of VMWare tools such as vCenter, vRealize, and ESXi to operate and maintain the virtual environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and patience when dealing with both end-customers and high-level management.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance