7 months contract-to-hire position for a Windows Systems Administrator III in Plano, TX
Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator III who will function as an engineer in a managed services environment supporting a variety of customers ranging from medium size business to large enterprise.
The systems administrator’ s primary responsibilities include monitoring, administering, and supporting the core services of a mixed Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) environment in both cloud and on-premise environments.
This specific role with also requires physically supporting systems within a COLO facility. Primary Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions:
? Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
? Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
? Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
? Communicates effectively with various entities, including Service Delivery Managers, Account Managers, remote site personnel, and client technical and non-technical resources.
? Comprehensive knowledge of the methodologies and principles of change management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016)
· Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.)
· Microsoft failover clustering
· Blade chassis management (UCS, HPC7000, etc.)
· Server Optimization and Hardening
· VMware + HyperV
· Ability to lift 50lbs, datacenter racking\stacking, cabling
· Other duties as defined by management
· MCSA/ MCSE 2012/ VCP
· Cloud Formation, Code Commit
· EC2, S3, RDS
· Security Groups/Network ACLs, Elastic Load Balancers, Route 53
· Devops Exposure
· Client Communication Etiquette
· Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’ s needs are met.
· Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high? quality environment
· Must have excellent team and collaboration skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision