Systems Administrator II US - CMPCJP00047750
The Desktop Management Team Lead will act as the primary point of contact for day to day operational activities. They are responsible for understanding the scope of services related to Desktop Management Operations from a contractual and conceptual perspective. The lead will have the ability to understand and explain innovative and cost effective solutions. Must be capable of interacting with all levels of internal associates as well as senior level external. The Team Lead will be required to travel to represent Desktop Management Operations in a professional manner both domestic and international as requested. A Team Lead has responsibility of the Desktop Management team ranging from junior to senior level associates. The Team Lead will provide daily work direction to their supported group. Work direction may include monitoring ticket queues for activity and incident delegation, prioritization of team duties, administration of a general nature, time and record-keeping, and coordination of training for less-experienced associates. The Team Lead will also be expected to provide input to managers for performance evaluations. This role is considered an entry-level position on the management career track.
· Manage the day to day activities of the team to ensure client and contractual expectations are being met
· Addresses and researches client escalations and ensures client & manager remain informed of progress on any open escalation items
· Escalates to internal management in a timely manner any issues which cannot be resolved within an acceptable timeframe or within contractual obligations
· Performs root cause analysis on major outages and offers insight into preventative solutions to avoid re-occurrences
· Utilizes ITIL best practices when managing daily activities
· Ensure process and standards documentation remain current and are posted in a central location for the team to access
· Ensure all current processes and client procedures are adhered to by the Desktop Management Operations team
· Conducts and develops agendas for weekly meetings with the team to assign tasks that need to be completed and set expectations for the respective week
· Conducts and develops agendas for weekly meetings with the client to present the current metrics and workload as well as understand any new requests coming from the client for planning purposes
· Analyze and evaluate technologies and processes. Recommends solutions and strategies based on the most efficient and cost effective system design to meet the customer’ s business goals, objectives, and needs
· Validate that daily, weekly and monthly deliverables are being provided to the client including but not limited to: any reporting, trend analysis, status summaries, etc.
· Assists in technical presentations, evaluating customer capabilities and needs, and collecting data for performing competitive analysis for review with managers
· Provides feedback to management on the performance of assigned associates
· Monitor resource utilization across the team and balance work load accordingly. Work with Management and Coordinators to maximize the utilization of associates.
· Minimal travel to client site as required, possibly international.
· Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education Qualifications:
· 1 to 2 years leadership experience in an IT related field preferred
· Requires 5+ years’ experience providing client facing IT Support
· Working knowledge of ITIL V3 Principals, willingness to pursue certification.
· Associate degree in related field, technical training or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Requires 4 years of active system administration experience in current PC Lifecycle Management toolset
· Ability to obtain administration level certification in current PC Lifecycle Management toolset within 6 months of obtaining position.
· Working knowledge of relevant systems (for example SCCM as it relates to Patch Management), Software Distribution, Operating System Deployment, Application Staging and Release.
· Working knowledge of ALL Desktop Management Operations services such as Application Packaging (Both Virtual and MSI), Image Development using MDT integrated with SCCM, SCCM Console Administration activities such as software distribution, Custom Reporting and patch management
· Understand the interdependencies of these services and associated impact to clients
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Visio
· Advanced planning, organization and time management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to review and understand a Statement of Work and define deliverables and Service Level requirements
· Ability to identify out-of-scope requests and escalate appropriately to remedy such occurrences.