Systems Administrator II US - CMPCJP00047212
As the Systems Administrator III you will function as a Sr. Engineer in a managed services environment supporting a variety of customers ranging from medium size business to large enterprise. The systems administrator’ s primary responsibilities include monitoring, administering, and supporting the core services of a mixed Linux and Unix server environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
- Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Communicates effectively with various entities, including CRMs, account managers, remote site personnel, and client technical and non-technical resources.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sr. Level Linux/Unix Server Support (RedHat, Oracle Linux / Solaris, etc.)
- Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, WINS etc.)
- TCP/IP Networking
- Blade chassis management (UCS, HPC7000, etc.)
- Server Optimization and Hardening
- Experience reading, writing, or modifying Shell, Perl, Python scripts
- Experience in deployment of NAS/SAN technologies (iSCSI, FC). Experience with open source technologies (CephFS, Gluster/Redhat Storage, etc.) is a plus.
- Automating routine Systems Administration tasks
- Ability to lift 50lbs, datacenter racking\stacking, cabling
- Other duties as defined by management
- HPUX / AIX
- Client Email Etiquette
- Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’ s needs are met.
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high? quality environment
- Must have excellent team and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision