Staff Auditor II
Hospital Support Center
Performs audit procedures and prepares working papers to fulfill the annual work plan of the Audit Services department. Routinely performs engagements subject to infield review by audit management. Demonstrates an understanding of moderate to complex accounting and auditing concepts. Discusses issues with engagement team and hospital/corporate management. Keeps informed of professional standards and Company/department policies and procedures. Reports to the Senior Director, Audit Services. Daily working obligations primarily to Managers.
• Performs audit procedures in accordance with audit objectives and audit programs, with basic expectation that candidate will assume more complex areas of the overall audit over time.
• Prepares working papers to communicate audit findings and recommendations for improvement regarding policies, procedures and internal control.
• Assists in the review compliance of accounting policies and procedures and SOX requirements.
• Assists in planning the audit assignment prior to commencing field work
• Writes narratives of work performed and findings.
• Interviews individuals to gain an understanding of the area being audited.
• Displays a keen interest in the work being performed, and a willingness to assume increasing degrees of responsibility.
• Exercises good judgment by considering all of the facts and circumstances involved.
• Possesses the highest levels of integrity within a professional environment.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as-needed by audit management.
• Consistently maintains a positive work and professional attitude.
• Four-year degree in accounting (Master’ s degree or public accounting experience a plus).
• Two to four years of previous professional experience, accounting or internal auditing preferred
• Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Completed (or actively working towards the completion of) CPA exam (or similar relative certification).
• Excellent written, time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, and organizational skills.
• Willing to travel 25-30% of the time.
• Self-motivated and can work with deadlines and related time pressure.
Primary Location Tennessee-Brentwood
Shift Day Job