Sr. Systems Administrator - CMPCJP00047678
9901 3rd Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
5 months contract-to-hire for a Sr. System Administrator in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Under the leadership of the CTS Manager and Server Support, this role is responsible for the design, planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and ongoing support of the client server infrastructure. Including but not limited to physical and virtualized servers, Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Citrix, Cisco, and HP technologies. In conjunction with the system administration and operations support in file archiving, and network file shares environment the incumbent will also provide technical expertise, advice, and guidance to project teams to support the growth and evolving requirements of our clients.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide advice and recommendations to management to assist in technology decisions and direction.
- Perform research and analysis in server infrastructure technology to identify, propose, and implement cost effective and practical technology solutions fulfilling client requirements.
- Engage and be part of the design team for the designated technologies and projects.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support in the designated areas.
- Provide technical guidance, advice, and assistance to other members of the team as needed.
- Work closely with on-site and remote team members from the client, and various other technology vendors.
- Set and maintain standards for the server infrastructure environment.
- Perform installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, and other system setup and maintenance as required.
- Closely monitor Service-Now queues. Respond and resolve assigned tickets in a timely matter satisfying all SLAs.
- Manage and maintain an accurate Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Conduct hardware and software audits reviewing server infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, diagrams, and procedures.
- Participate and assist with the assigned disaster recovery and BCP tests.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Ability to provide 24-hour on-call and on-site support on a rotation basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree/ College Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6+ years hands on experience in working with Windows Server, Linux and VMWARE.
- Linux administration is highly desired.
- Solid technical Knowledge of WINS, DNS, DHCP, AD, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Experience managing a complex environment across large LAN and WAN networks.
- Good general understanding of SAN & NAS is highly desired.
- Automation & scripting experience with tools and languages such as Chef, Puppet, Ruby, Perl, and Python is highly desired.
- Experience with PowerShell, Powercli, SCOM, and SCCM are a plus.
- Hardware experience with Cisco UCS and HP blade and rack servers.
- Proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- High performance team player with an open mind and attitude to explore new technologies, improve efficiency, and embrace change.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Accountable, adaptable, resourceful, and respectful.
- Current Microsoft, VMWare, and Cisco certifications are highly desired.
- CMDB, Incident, Problem, & Change Management experience using Service-Now or a similar ticketing system.
- Ability to work, maintain, multitask, and appropriately prioritize numerous projects & tasks under minimal supervision.