Sr. Medical Science Liaison Oncology CO, WY, ID & MT
Our Client, a leading Neurology and Oncology Pharmaceutical company is seeking a Senior Medical Science Liaison for their Oncology Portfolio to educate key healthcare professionals with current, fair-balanced medical, scientific, and pharmacoeconomic information regarding their products and therapeutic areas. territory. Reporting to a Regional Associate Director, this is a critical role for our client’ s long-term growth plan, and will cover the Mountain States ( CO, WY, MT, ID). This person will need to have high level of proficiency, and develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers in their assigned
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
An oncology an MSL will, with a high level of proficiency, develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to our client' s products. The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on our client' s products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision makers, and others. The candidate will assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
- Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD, DPH, EdD).
- Minimum of 3 years MSL experience in oncology.
- Disease state management knowledge preferred in BREAST CANCER AND OTHER MALIGNANCIES.
- Strong broad based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills. Strong overall written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations including Marketing and Sales strategic interests.
- Understanding the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship.
- Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic area of interest.
- Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically.