1700 N. MOORE STREET Ã¢ÂÂ¢ SUITE 2110
District Of Columbia
Post Date: 01/03/2018
Job ID: 17878
Industry: Other Area(s)
We are seeking a Senior IT Business Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC.
The Sr. Business Analyst will perform the following functions on site with our client:
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Act as a liaison between the Business Function and Information Systems. Incumbents may be located in the Business Function or within the IT department.
- Provides technical/functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing basic systems.
- They have the business knowledge and perspective of a particular business and the IT needs of that business unit.
- They act as a liaison representing their department and the processes and workings within it by gathering business specifications and requirements and acting as the primary contact to IT for that particular business units basic IT needs.
Leadership/Directing of Others: Manages program and project implementation and makes significant contributions to program goals and planning efforts. May have team lead responsibilities and/or direct the work of other.
- Gather intelligence from corporate executives and middle managers about needs and future growth.
- Partner with application directors and creators to ensure each project meets a specific need and resolves successfully
- Evaluate, test and recommend new opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware and IT processes.
- Compile and distribute reports on application development and deployment.
- Consult with the executive team and the IT department on the newest technology and its implications in the industry.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Supports existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Assists with the creation and execution of technical specifications and test plans.
- Assists with the creation and updating of system operational documentation.
- Problem Solving/Complexity: Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills to resolve complex situations. Typically confers with managers or superiors on unusually complex matters.