Post Date: 03/21/2017
Job ID: 15186
Industry: Other Area(s)
About the Position:
We’ re looking for an exceptional technical leader to bring native mobile experience to our team, and fuse that with our extensive web application. You will work closely with our Mobile Product Manager to iterate and build the first versions of the app to quickly get user feedback, and then embark on building new, better versions of existing features, plus exciting new functionality, into the new app as we sunset the legacy mobile app.
As a Senior Mobile Architect, you will:
- Architected multiple mobile applications
- Deep expertise in development on the iOS or Android platforms, and at least a general familiarity with both
- Led teams of mobile developers
- A desire to learn and apply new technology to create more engaging, easier, and valuable applications.
- Experience with mobile-specific functionality, such as location, push notifications, camera interaction, and cross-app interaction
- Designed and developed apps that use both APIs and business embedded logic to achieve the mobile app’ s desired functionality
- Developed apps where the user experience is as important as the business functionality (and you find it hard to think of the two in isolation from each other)
- Worked on teams where there is coordination between the mobile team and web application teams to ensure a proper user experience across platforms and devices
- Learned firsthand how to optimize apps for performance
- A desire to build and own a scalable app from the ground-up then refining and enhancing to meet the needs of a quickly growing user base expected to double within 14 months.
- The interest in understanding the business behind the software instead of blindly " coding to requirements."
- Bring a new market leading app to life from the ground up utilizing the Xamarin platform and our existing Microsoft stack. If you haven’ t used Xamarin, but like to learn new technologies and find the best way to utilize a suite of products to get the best final product, then you can still be a perfect fit.
- Code for native apps for both iOS and Android, using both API calls to the existing application and embedding business logic into the app
- Assisting in hiring, leading and mentoring other mobile developers
- Perform unit and functional testing to ensure the quality of your work
- Establish the ability to do automated testing
- Create mobile coding guidelines to help the team focus on maintainability and performance
- Raise questions and suggestions to the product owner about enhancements and potential gaps in requirements
- Identify ways to increase system efficiency on new and legacy code to support our rapidly growing user base
- Identify and integrate third-party controls as needed to quickly achieve desired functionality
- Work with the support team to troubleshoot app errors -- and then code fixes in existing code to solve those issues
- Create proof of concept prototypes for new features
- Participate in peer design reviews, code review, and testing to ensure quality releases
Why come to Charlottesville, VA?
Named the Happiest City in America, beautiful Charlottesville, VA has earned many published recognitions for quality of life:
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Employer covers 100% of health care and dental premiums
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employer-paid training for relevant skills
- Relocation assistance available
- Internationally recognized foodie, brewery, and winery destination
- Thriving music, tech, and art scenes
- Our historic Downtown Mall has many venues, restaurants, and unique shops. It is a great place to experience music and performances of all kinds
- Nestled near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
- The University of Virginia offers top tier educational opportunities
- Moderate cost of living for high quality of life
- Close proximity to Richmond and the Nation’ s Capital Washington, DC – you will never run out of things to do