Software Application Tester
We are currently seeking seasoned and experienced project staff to join our Map Based Planning Services (MBPS) team supporting the Army Engineer and Research Development Center’ s (ERDC) Geospatial Research Laboratory (GRL). We contract execution requires additional resources to support software engineering activities, including testing, technical writing, and quality control. A full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, pension plan, and tuition reimbursement is available. Compensation will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Relocation support is not available
GRL conducts geospatial research, development, technology and evaluation of current and emerging geospatial technologies that will help characterize and measure phenomena within the physical (terrain) and social (cultural) environments encountered by the U.S. Army. GRL also engages in research to support the development of the Army Geospatial Enterprise, as well as develop geospatially-enabled technologies for Joint, other Services (Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard), and Functional Combatant Command (COCOM) supported programs. GRL research areas and capabilities include terrain analysis and reasoning; passive and active spectral signature analysis; fluorescence; photogrammetry; terrain visualization; precision surveying and mapping; image analysis; data management; geographic information systems; data/image fusion; spatio-temporal reasoning and numerical analysis.
This position requires the selected individual to function primarily as requirements tester. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Software Implementation, Integration and Quality Assurance
- Develop and design integrated system test procedures
- Perform testing (function, integrated system, and performance testing), problem analysis, data analysis and defect tracking.
- Report testing details to software developers and management.
- Work with developers and management in identifying testing task requirements.
- Investigate and document work items reported from production and internally
- Test all data related deployments on each node.
- Test any deployments on each node including new functionality or bugs
- Perform regression testing prior to major deployments using established test procedures
- Maintain work items in Team Foundation Server
- Perform smoke testing with each deployment to each node
- Manual testing based upon client defined acceptance criteria
- Work directly with clients to gather requirements and communicate those to development team
- Worked in an Agile environment using SCRUM methodologies.
- Participate in writing Self-Paced Instruction Manual/ User’ s Manual for Software Applications
- Responsible for assisting in writing and maintaining Feature Requirement Specification (FRS) documents.
- Generate Product Backlog work items based upon FRS.
- Responsible for assisting in writing and maintaining Initial Feature Description (IFD) documents.
- Generate Feature work items based upon IFD.
Candidates must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree and have at least five years’ experience working software engineering development programs in support of military applications. Candidates must have experience in software testing methodologies and procedures, technical writing and quality assurance. Additionally, candidates should be fully knowledgeable of Microsoft business applications: Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel); and have excellent writing and oral skills.
A DoD Top Secret Security/SCI clearance is required for this position.
Experience working with Army; military background and understanding of mission operational planning.