Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage)
The Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage) CLIN 14 shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. To include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- The Contractor shall design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage Infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall serves as the expert matter expert (SME) for all Storage environments.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- The Contractor shall provide 4th level support
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval
- The Contractor shall integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with standardized software and hardware
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best
- The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends
- SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE)
- 10 years of experience with enterprise storage systems
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred