Senior Systems Engineer II (Data & System Backups)
The Systems Engineer II (Data & Backups) shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base data backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. To include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- The Contractor shall design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Backup Infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall serves as the advanced matter expert for all Backup
- The Contractor shall create and maintain backup infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools on Linux and Windows environments
- The Contractor shall provision/configure required backups for Linux and Windows servers
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the backup
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical backup issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as monitoring backup storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- The Contractor shall provide 3rd level support
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval
- The Contractor shall integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best
- The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of backup storage consumed and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends
- 6 years of experience with Net Backup and Tivoli Storage Manager experience
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred