Nashville City Center 511 Union Street, Suite 1400
Post Date: 03/01/2017
Job ID: 14994
Industry: Other Area(s)
Proficient designer in all general electrical areas that are commonplace in healthcare facilities such as power distribution, grounding, lightning protection, power systems analysis, lighting and fire alarm design, control systems, normal & standby back-up systems, electrical motor knowledge (AC), substations, and cable systems?
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate electrical engineering work. Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for a variety of projects. Design and produce engineering drawings using REVIT, PowerTools and VISUAL lighting software. Check and revise engineering drawings.
- Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates. Participate in contract bidding and administration.
- Support and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project. Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Collaborate in solving a variety of complex engineering problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Some overlap with industrial division as well.
- Daily team is 6+ people
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years' of electrical design experience, specifically in large Healthcare projects.
- P.E. license.
- Working knowledge of REVIT, PowerTools, and VISUAL lighting software is required.
- Strong working knowledge of national safety electrical codes and standards
- Strong client skills is a must; position will have direct client contact
- LEED accreditation is preferred
- Open to relocation
- Works well within a team environment
- Knowledge of arc flash studies
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to identify key issues
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills