Senior Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Sr. Manager, Business Development
INDUSTRY: Gas Processing Services/Midstream
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
EXPERIENCE LEVEL PREFERRED: 8-10 YEARS
Responsible for sales and development of products and services. Create, build, and maintain customer relationships. Work closely with business unit director, proposal and estimating group as well as company management.
- Support company' s commitment to safety and values
- Compile list of prospects for use as sales leads based upon information from personal contacts with customers, business directors, trade shows, various sales lead reports, and other sources.
- Management and deployment of BDMs in alignment of operations, including supervision, training, goal setting and measurement, etc.
- Travels frequently to solicit inquiries from regular and prospective customers and follow-up on current projects.
- Develop and maintain target accounts which have the potential to provide for large numbers of inquiries and profitable sales revenues, including developing and maintaining account plans for major clients.
- Make presentations to customers on products and services.
- Follows target industries to watch for changes witch could result in increases or decreases in inquiries and revenues.
- Leverages existing customer relationships to provide opportunities for all applicable scopes of work provided by company
- Assist with plans, specifications, and other customer documents to assist with budget cost estimates.
- Establishes or proposes changes in products and services offered based on industry need and those which wold result in cost reduction or schedule improvements.
- Assists in providing advice to clients relating to products and services.
- Prepares call reports and business communications.
- Provide direct sales support of certain proposals, including follow-up, feedback to the organization and participate in negotiations, as requested.
- Provide and update documentation and presentation material to support weekly and quarterly operations reports as requested.
- Requires coordinating and attending entertainment activities with clients.
- Performs other responsibilities, as directed.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related area, or equivalent to job-related experience/knowledge.
- 8+ Years of sales, marketing or business development experience; previous experience in gas processing/midstream industry required.
- Advanced in interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make cold calls, negotiate with clients, work with customers, and speak publicly.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, financial reports and legal documents; fundamental math skills, including geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical solutions.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, PowerPoint, internet search capabilities and exposure to databases and contact management software experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.