Scrum Master III - 1096
Cold Spring, Kentucky
Scrum Master III
6 months contract to hire
Cold Spring, KY, 41076, USA
Provide servant-leadership and mentorship to a cross-functional agile team. This position will guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions, through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban Method, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Role model and demonstrate the company’ s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Facilitate team organization and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily scrums/stand-ups, sprint/iteration reviews/demos, retrospectives.
- Coach team members on the Agile values and principles such as collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency.
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team’ s ability to deliver against their commitments.
- Facilitate the creation and adoption of working agreements and definitions of done, including use of appropriate tools, standards and best practices.
- Ensure the team is tracking and communicating team progress and metrics to the appropriate audiences.
- Facilitate and enable an environment of collaboration and creativity.
- Support and empower the team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Empower the team to self-organize around achieving their commitments.
- Challenge and enable the team to continuously improve through intentional Lean and data driven inspect and adapt cycles (retrospectives).
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Kroger Application Lifecycle Management tools accurately reflect progress, knowledge, and the state of efforts of the team
- Provide reports and metrics as needed about team performance and productivity
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must have 2-3 years serving as an active Scrum Master.
- 2-3 years experience in a software development organization.
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, principles, and practices
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential. Excellent team player and team builder.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse personality types.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time sensitive work environment.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be " self-motivated" as well as creative and effective in empowering team members to propose solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to travel independently when required.
- Agile Certification (CSM, PSM)