SAP Analyst Architect
The SAP Application Architect will be required to analyze, design, and provide a strategic plan based on the current state and future state. Additionally, the architect will establish and document best practices drawing from the current state of the environment and established best practices in the industry.
An SAP Application Architect should be able to look broadly at our objectives and ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of SAP technologies. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications.
An SAP Application Architect is expected to have capabilities required of an IT architect and a general familiarity with various architectural patterns, technologies and architecture management processes. Deep competency in several modules of SAP (configuration skills are not expected) to design technical solutions for those modules is expected.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design technical solutions with ABAP stack and other B2B, B2C and other architectural patterns for large and small projects.
- Design and help build end to end solutions integrating SAP with other technologies such as dot net and Java.
- Ensure that our technology decisions are well aligned with strategic objectives and best practices.
- Participate in the analysis of new projects to deliver estimates on time, effort, and to identify current technology gaps need to successfully deliver.
- Participate in the development and/or review of future state application architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Promotes innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business-driven solution.
- Deep knowledge of SAP modules and technologies is a must. Very high level of proficiency in ABAP, ABAP Objects is required.
- Hands on experience in O data services, SAP Fiori application building and understanding of SAP Netweaver gateway is desired.
- Exposure to SAP HANA and Business Intelligence preferred.
- Practical Knowledge of the application of architecture design methodologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge and Proficiency in the following SAP Components
- SAP FICO, SD, MM, SM, PS and so on. Configuration experience is not expected or required. Excellent proficiency in RICEF objects is a must.
- Knowledge in some of the following technologies is desired -
- Frameworks: Struts, Spring, .NET, Jquery, ExtJS
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL,
- Web Application Servers: TomCat, IIS
- OS: Linux, UNIX, Windows, VMware, Android, iOS
- Tools: GIT, TFS, Hudson/Jenkins
- Methodologies: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Iterative, Lean
- Network: LAN/WAN - CISCO, Fortinet
- Storage/BUR: HP, Nimble
- Services - LDAP/AD/NIS/License/CIFS
- Client - O/S
- Bachelor' s degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- At least 5-10 years’ information technology experience. SAP ABAP workbench and other SAP tooling experience is a must.
- Experience with several modules of SAP is a must.
- Telecommunication industry experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of engineering, developing (coding), deploying and maintaining business critical information technology solutions across a range of technical platforms.
- Ability to conduct fact-based evaluations of architecture alternatives, mediate opposing viewpoints and negotiate equitable outcomes that ensure stable solutions.
- Broad experience based on understanding of the principles of application architecture, including the distinction between contextual, conceptual, logical, and physical layers and the distinction and dependencies between business, information, systems, and technology.