The Product Owner plays a leadership role in the development and delivery of the platform. This role is the liaison between the Scrum teams and the key stakeholders.
Product Owner is expected to understand the customer or stakeholder' s perspective, and be able to address their concerns and needs during product development.
The Product Owner must have a good understanding of the software being developed and be able to communicate effectively with the development teams. Act as the manager of the product development team in the context of the sprint cycle, helping nurture ideas, extract and retrieve information, determine the roadmap for the product, and work throughout the development process with the scrum team. Help manage daily project goals and product schedules, adjusting expectations and setting priorities.
The Product Owner also works with other components of the P&T team, such as Operations and Customer enablement to help plan for the release of the features / platform.
• Translates roadmap initiatives into clearly defined feature sets.
• Help lead ideation sessions with stakeholders.
• Build and maintain a relationship with the stakeholders.
• Own the creation of the product canvas & functional sketches.
• Writes user stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
• Documents workflows and wireframes that will be used to support UI/UX design and development using Balsamiq.
• Clearly communicate the feature requirements to the off shore development team.
• Create and maintain the Product backlog.
• Sort the product backlog items according to priority.
• Help the scrum master organize sprint review meetings.
• Work with the technical lead and scrum master to shape sprint level user stories.
• Define and protect delivery of the Minimum Viable Product.
• Leads sprint planning meetings.
• Attend daily scrum and retrospective regularly with respect the scrum culture.
• Ownership for Acceptance Criteria testing for sprint demos / feature launch.
• Advises Technical writer(s) of new product specifications and ensures that documentation is accurate and reflected in feature enhancements.
• Manages the launch planning process by working closely with Operations and customer enablement teams to develop respective documentation and/or communication.
• Promotes continuous improvement of the scrum teams.
• 3-5 years of experience working as Product Owner.
• 1-3 years’ experience working in helping build infrastructure platforms.
• Experienced in assisting Scrum Master and facilitating Scrum ceremonies including Grooming, Tasking and Sprint Reviews.
• Familiar with both backend and frontend development.
• Must have a proactive work ethic, desire to challenge the status quo, and an attitude that focuses on the voice of the customer.
• Must have ability to work in a fast-paced product environment with small to large feature sets.
• Possesses an innovative spirit, is high energy, with ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong organization, documentation, change management and project management skills.
• Ability to work with and influence peers, scrum teams and management.
• Agile or Scrum certified preferred, but not required.