Principal Software Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Primary Purpose of the Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is open to learn Satellite communication concepts and work as part of an Agile .Net development team on the projects related to Satellite communication link analysis tools.
An ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in design and development of large scale server side C# applications, code optimization and application program interfaces (APIs). The individual should be ready to tackle challenging problems and learn technical aspects of custom-built tools that are used in-house to perform complex satellite RF link budget analysis.
- Work as a part of development team to build complex distributed satellite link analysis system using technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, XML, JSON, RabbitMQ.
- Engage in architectural discussions with the software architect and the team, share technical ideas with the development team and contribute to improving the quality of the applications.
- Learn various capacity system tools and serve as escalation point for production support.
- Work with analysts and end-users to seek requirement clarifications and design appropriate data models, application modules, APIs and perform development tasks.
- Follow the Intelsat coding standards and build the application modules. Ensure application modules are designed and built to scale to meet expected demand. Identify and fix gaps in system reliability.
- Collaborate with IT Managers and/or leads to provide effort estimates for features to be built into the applications.
- Support the deployment of applications – including new major releases, minor enhancements/fixes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated abilities in design and development of server side of complex multi-tier applications
- A minimum of 5 years of design / development experience on Microsoft .Net platform using C#, ASP.NET, XML, JSON, TFS
- Good understanding and development experience in building multi-threaded server side applications.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and RDBMS concepts
- Ability to work independently and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills