Cincinnaty, Ohio 11450
Contract to Hire – Yes
11450 Grooms Road, Blue Ash, OH, 45242, USA
This role will be responsible for design, deliver, and optimize high-performing systems. Provides architecture and application design and development guidance that ensures scalability and minimizes performance issues. Role model and demonstrate the company’ s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for capacity estimation/planning, modeling, monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business application and load balancer issues.
- Review architecture and design for performance
- Creating a performance testing strategy, workload modeling, running various types of performance tests. Review the tests and analyze and provide recommendations to improve.
- Obtain information on limitations / capabilities, performance requirements, hardware & software interfaces to develop specifications and resolve technical issues related to performance.
- Monitor resource usage for physical servers, application servers & databases to drive optimization changes in production environment.
- Work with ‘ Service Owners’ to optimize the configuration of clients, servers, and networking equipment to enable system/application performance across the enterprise.
- Plan and manage deliverables for: performance diagnostic, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring.
- Conduct system performance and stress testing, analyze test results and suggest action plans.
- Distill volumes of data, analyzes performance results, diagnoses performance problems and clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
- Drive performance engineering as an integral step during the software development life cycle.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- 5+ years of software product development and delivery experience.
- 3+ years of performance engineering & performance testing experience.
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP load generation and measurement software - HP Performance Center & JMeter.
- Familiarity with tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, YSlow and JProfiler.
- Experience in using monitoring tools & ability to identify performance issues within J2EE architecture.
- Experience in JAVA, Web Services, XML technologies and SQL performance tuning.
- Experience with Load balancers, Webservers, Database, Operating System, Network Software and Hardware.
Bonus Skills: Desired Previous Job Experience
- Familiarity with Test-driven development (TDD) and virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of Web services, ORM technologies & WebSphere Commerce Server.
- Programming skills in Java and .Net.
- Knowledge on SOA, AJAX and Web 2.0.