Operating Room Manager
Fort Worth, Texas
Our Client, a leading Surgery Center Management Company, is seeking an Operating Room Manager for a thriving surgery center in North Fort Worth, Texas.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Accountable and responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating the operations and nursing staff for assigned areas in the surgery center. Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility administrative procedures. Coordinates activities routinely as appropriate with the Administrator, Medical Director and the Quality Committee(s).
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- OR Manager is responsible for all aspects of nursing care in the Operating Room.
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator.
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient. BSN Degree Preferred
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of TX as a Registered Nurse
- Must have at least 2 years of leadership experience and/or prefer 3-5 years of Operating Room experience
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
- Two or more years of charge nurse experience in an ambulatory surgery center or within an operating room of an acute care hospital.