Network Engineer II US - CMPCJP00047363
4 months contract-to-hire position for a Network Security Engineer in Louisville, KY
Company’ s SOC provides managed security services for global clients and manages their security operations. The team is responsible for 24X7 telephone and remote support, specialized support for security compliance users, and works with the clients on security issues. This role will act as a subject matter expert for the team’ s junior members and a center of knowledge, leveraging upon the years of experienced gained in this field, deploying and supporting Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco, Palo Alto), IDS/IPS, Content Filters, VPN (IPSec/SSL), Cisco ISE, Nessus vulnerability scans, SIEM tools.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities:
· Security/Firewall management background in working for large enterprise.
· Must have experience in analyzing and implementing complex firewall rules on Fortinet devices.
· Perform log management and threat analysis set up and fine tuning.
· Design and architect tool for optimization.
· Collaborate with client technical teams for issue resolution and mitigation.
· Participate and help remediate the security incidents.
· Help remediate security incidents by interfacing with internal customer teams and other tool vendors.
· Fortinet UTM Management: Perform log analysis, use of IDS, IPS, and/or other signature technology.
· Manage and maintain the log management and threat analysis solution.
· Experience with an enterprise-class ticketing system.
· Manage and maintain SLA’ s agreed with our customers.
· Participate in an on-call rotation to provide emergency support.
· 5-8 years of Information Technology experience with network technologies, specifically TCP/IP, and related network tools and concepts
· Knowledge of scripting language and ability to automate things as necessary.
· Demonstrable comprehension of Information Security, including malware, emerging threats.
· Demonstrable comprehension of Information Security, including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
· Ability to understand and write hex, binary, regular expression, etc.
· Experience with reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs)
· Knowledge to manage and troubleshoot Fortigate devices required
· Hands on experience with any industry standard SIEM is required
· Fortinet specific certifications preferred.
· SANS GIAC GCIA certification desired.
· Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
· Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling, and response.
· Experience in a fast paced, high stress, support environment.
· Ability to follow detailed process and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to be reliable and flexible.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Outstanding work ethic.
· Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources.