The Level I Technician is part of a 24/7 Operations team responsible for monitoring all mainframe and distributed environments.
2nd Shift only available (3: 00-12: 00)
They will provide operational support for systems hardware, peripherals and software within the data centers and related facilities.
- Identifies, isolates and resolves problems and work in conjunction with the technical support staff to implement immediate resolutions to more critical problems.
- Monitors and manages systems consoles for the following: problems, systems/application availability, production scheduling and control, reports distribution, service level support, administration and controls, equipment operation, backup recovery, procedural documentation.
- Knowledge of scheduling process and tools, specifically Control M Enterprise Scheduler preferred
- Monitor system performance/services/application performance using industry standard monitoring tools
- Identifies hardware malfunctions and take appropriate corrective action as necessary to troubleshoot/resolve the problem, and/or escalate as necessary.
- High school graduate plus specialized vocational, trade school, or military technical training, or an associate degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ year’ s computer operations experience, in a similar environment and ready to move to the next level in an Operations role
Experience with the following is desired:
- Control M Enterprise Scheduler
- Networking basics
- LINUX operation
- ITIL knowledge
- MS Office 365