Neurology Integrated Care Manager
Neurology With Spirit
Neurology with spirit represents the essence of the Eisai Neurology franchise— from our human health care (hhc) mission and science to our brands and our employees themselves. At Eisai, we focus on every step of the treatment journey to improve patient outcomes. That means exploring uncharted areas of human biology to get to the root of neurodegeneration, with the goal of creating medicines that can prevent, and ultimately cure, neurodegenerative diseases.
Neurology with spirit means that we put patients first. Our mission is to provide patients with the medicines they need and to continuously work to improve patient care. We also understand that neurodegenerative diseases can lead to other indirect burdens on patients’ health. That is why Eisai strives to provide a “ total care” approach to neurologic medicines— not just treating the underlying condition, but also offering solutions to improve well-being throughout the treatment journey for both patients and their caregivers.
The Neurology Integrated Care Manager (NICM) will play a critical role in our ability to deliver on the above commitments to patients. The role will function as the “ end to end” business owner responsible for driving demand of Eisai’ s Epilepsy Portfolio through the utilization of clinical, economic, and quality data across multiple stakeholders in the C and D Suite of the Level 3 and 4 Epilepsy Centers.
In addition to calling on HCPs, they will be responsible for leading the integrated planning across multiple NBG functions within the Epilepsy Center of Excellence (ECE) and surrounding communities. This will include working with key stakeholders to develop market strategy, patient engagement strategy, and strategy for the ECE while actively building relationships, and partnerships for continued growth with key opinion leaders.
• Achieve assigned sales goals by interacting with HCP’ s to educate and drive demand for Eisai’ s Epilepsy Brands
• Analyze the local environment and identify/understand influencers within the assigned ECE accounts, translate knowledge into actionable market insights to develop customer plans that optimize brand positioning, drive demand and improve patient outcomes
• Develop internal cross functional relationships with sales, market access, medical, HEOR and other necessary cross-functional team members to ensure a high level of integrated planning to facilitate collaboration and the exchange of information including ECE customer knowledge
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within accounts (e.g., KOLs, Medical Director, Quality Director, C-suite, Director of Pharmacy, Industry Relations, etc.) and identify opportunities for further engagement.
• Monitor progress in accounts and evolve action plans as appropriate (contacts, plan execution, volume growth, and market share); Manage overall commercial performance of accounts.
• Align budgets and resources to account(s) in a way that optimizes return on investment
• Partner with local representatives and DMs to ensure pull-thru and progress of the plans and goals built for the surrounding communities of the ECE
• Accountability and adherence to corporate, FDA, and PDMA guidelines
• BA/BS Degree required; MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• 7-10 years of previous specialty pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales and account management experience required;
• Experience managing major accounts and understanding influence patterns, and previous IDN/Health System selling experience in local area required/highly preferred
• Understanding of integrated health system operations and integrated care delivery models, including economics, supporting processes and behaviors
• Knowledge of IDN needs, population health management, ACOs, and risk-based payment models; Understanding of the application of HEOR
• Understanding of the processes for developing formularies, protocols, and order sets, and how they are used to influence treatment decisions at the physician level
• Thorough clinical understanding of the epilepsy therapeutic area preferred, including in-patient and out-patient care management
• Ability to develop and manage relationships, and tailor communications to a variety of audiences in both a B2B and clinical context, especially at C-Suite level (e.g., executive presence)
• Understanding of the market access and reimbursement landscape, hospital buying process, hospital contracting process,
• Entrepreneurial nature and ability to think strategically and creatively to influence, meet, and adapt to changing customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to develop account budgets and conduct account sales analysis
• Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external to the organization
• Ability to meet the travel requirements of the role based on assigned ECE’ s.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet