We are looking for a mechanical engineer with experience in the design and preparation of mechanical construction documents for industrial facilities to include HVAC, piping systems, fire protection, and plumbing. Experience with AutoCAdd and HVAC load calculations. Must be detailed oriented. Strategic Initiative to grow industrial division. Currently Birmingham has focused on commercial and civil site design. They are growing the Strategic Initiative to develop industrial division. New Hires.
OSHA 10/30 hour Construction Certificate preferred. (Incumbent must be OSHA Construction Certified.
- Perform routine design assignments, with increasing responsibility, under the direction of a senior engineer
- Create own designs and use example/prototype designs of others, perform sizing computations of system components and equipment
- Create drawings in both AutoCAD and Microstation platforms. Apply designated CAD standards for layering, line weights and symbols
- Develop project details, prepare, and adapt design alternatives
- Possess and maintain working knowledge of international mechanical and plumbing codes; ensure designs meet code requirements
- Working knowledge of system component details and associated specs
- Performs routine design calculations
- Select equipment based on design calculations
- 3-5 years (5-8 strongly preferred)
- Participate in continuing education and training to develop and apply innovative ideas and keep abreast of state of the art technology (learn to use design software and equipment sizing packages; Carrier HAP)
- May assign and direct the drafting effort of team members, within own discipline and coordinate work effort with other disciplines
- Research equipment selection or materials and incorporate into design drawings
- Candidate must have or be pursuing PE certification and LEED AP
- Experience with medium to large sized industrial or manufacturing projects