Post Date: 04/24/2017
Job ID: 15632
Industry: Other Area(s)
Catapult Staffing is partnering with a Multi-national IT Consulting Firm in Lawrence Township, NJ (08648) to provide a Laboratory Computing Software Specialist I!
In this role, you will:
- Research, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment.
- Responsible for supervising the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field or equivalent training/education required.
- 2 to 4 years’ customer service related experience required.
- 5yrs Desktop Support 3yrs Break Fix Laptop\Desktop Previous experience working in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Previous Scientific Laboratory Computing Support Preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Coordinate with LCS Team and Vendors for the onboarding of new Lab instruments
- Prepare sweeps of instrument by NuGenesis Lab Management System
- Coordinate with the LEM team to connect the instrument to Smart Capture
- Update the inventory on SharePoint as needed Data Management:
- Data checks between NuGenesis Lab Management System and File Catcher
- Assist the Redwood City, CA team to stand up a RWC-File Catcher
- Help with the documentation and testing of Archive Browser
- Managing raw data storage (expansion of File Catcher)
- Assist the India IT Team with flow cytometry raw data components 64bit
- May report to two separate locations within 15 mins of each other-
- The primary site will be at:
- BMS 3551 Lawrenceville Princeton, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
- The secondary site is:
- BMS 311 Pennington Rocky Hill Rd, Pennington, NJ 08534
- Monday- Friday-
- 1st shift Sites Lawrenceville and Hopewell Laboratory Computing Software Specialist 1
- Request, setup and management of 64bit VMs for flow cytometry analysis
- Request, setup and management of 64bit Desktops for flow cytometry analysis
- Coordination with SCS for virtual computing environment management (regular improvements, communication)
- As posted, this resource would not help with areas that require scientific domain expertise, like FlowJo support, but to be able to install s/w, license key, and basic troubleshooting of the app, not the functionality.
Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.