1 Financial Way #100 Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform credit analysis for the Company’ s corporate bond portfolios, including public and private bonds.
- The analyst will formulate credit opinions, perform sector analysis, and make recommendations to the portfolio managers, consistent with the investment guidelines of the portfolios.
- The analyst is expected to identify relative value within and between sectors of the marketplace.
- The analyst will be responsible for a portfolio of assigned credits.
- The investment analyst will prepare credit memos for recommendations of new additions to portfolios across both public and private placement securities as well as maintaining written credit opinions for holdings as assigned.
- In addition, the analyst will participate in credit committee discussions and perform other duties related to the management of the portfolios as needed.
- The Investment Analyst is expected to support the Senior Credit Analysts and Portfolio Managers as requested.
Role and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Credit/Sector Analysis – 45%
- Maintain credit files and buy/sell/hold credit opinions for all bonds owned and reviewed
- Identify relative value within & between industry sectors
- Develop and maintain financial models for assigned credits
- Underwrite new issue public and private placement offerings as assigned
- Analyze private placement transaction documents and work with internal and external counsel to evaluate appropriateness for transaction (initial purchase/amendment/waiver) proposed
- Prepare internal credit memo to support recommendation for purchase
- Effectively present investment recommendations to credit approval committee
- Maintain sector opinions and recommendations for all sectors covered
- Maintain Private Placement Compliance Reporting Database for assigned credits
- Make ongoing purchase & sale recommendations on assigned credits to portfolio managers
- Actively participate in credit committee discussions and top-down analysis
- Seek out new investment vehicles for portfolios and gain approval from Investment Committee
- Develop an expertise in assigned industries
- Develop and maintain relationships with sell-side coverage
- Develop and maintain relationships within Ohio National
- Cross train with other analysts and function as a valuable team member
- Actively pursue attainment of individual and team goals
- Prepare management reports for committees or internal use
- Prepare analysis of Ohio National portfolios
- Periodic travel to due diligence and company management meetings as determined
- Perform other responsibilities as requested
Production – 45%
- Identify purchase/sell opportunities across public Corporates, private placements, municipals and structured securities within targeted return expectations as periodically established
- Actively seek out new investment ideas to provide diversification and value to portfolios.
Other Related Items – 10%
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst or partial Chartered Financial Analyst designation is preferred
- 2+ years of credit experience, corporate lending, or a related field
- Private Placement Investment experience preferred
- Highly analytical with a passion for the investment process
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Team player, well organized and detail oriented
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Bloomberg, BondEdge, Excel, PowerPoint and other software