Instrumentation Tech II
- Performs a variety of instrumentation service, troubleshooting, calibration, and testing by traveling to customer sites and from remote locations.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation operation, signals, and I/O operation.
- Repairs instrumentation, typically involving calibration using a variety of meters and tools.
- Sets up new instrumentation and calibrates to specifications using schematics and drawings.
- Selects, installs, calibrates, and checks sensing, telemetering, and recording instrumentation and circuitry, and develops specifications for nonstandard apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Assists with a variety of related installation and maintenance projects for automating large industrial processes.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce reports. Education/Experience: Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Electronic troubleshooting and calibration experience is required. Must understand electricity and circuits. Must be able to read and interpret schematics and drawings. Certificates and Licenses: Related certifications, such as Fiber Optic certification is helpful.