Information Systems Security Engineer
The Information Systems Security Engineer - Senior CLIN 24 shall be responsible for verifying compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), National Institute of Standards and Technology, and other regulatory security compliance articles associated with data center infrastructure and platform design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing or mitigating computer security issues, for all infrastructure and system components.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for the secure design, analysis, and test of information security systems and
- The Contractor shall serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for data center system environments and performs standard project tasks to analyze IT security compliance requirements, translate those into security designs, implements these designs, and tests effectiveness.
- The Contractor shall functionally server as a SME with working knowledge of information security products including firewalls, monitoring and intrusion detection systems, anti- virus systems, vulnerability testing, and security analysis
- The Contractor shall create and update security test plans for detecting and mitigating risk to information systems. The Contractor shall engineer and perform tests and test plans to satisfy audits. The Contractor shall provide solutions for mitigating information systems findings or
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct information system issues and create recovery processes for failures and vulnerabilities and track vulnerabilities until they are resolved or mitigated to the satisfaction of the government Accrediting Authority (AO).
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with engineers to implement those
- The Contractor shall maintain security, compliance, and reduce risk strategies for information systems. Works with other security entities for certification and accreditation and authority to operate for new platforms or services to include cloud services and platforms.
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated scanning of systems and auditing, and data spill clean
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- The Contractor shall configure scanning tools to function without impacting the users or the
- The Contractor shall configure and support SSL encrypted connections
- The Contractor shall provide 4th level support
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include system security plans, business impact analyses, continuity of operations plans, mitigations, authorized software lists, authorized hardware lists, and elevated user access list and
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly
- The Contractor shall provide real time alerts and dashboard information on security performance and
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices
- The Contractor shall write Engineering Documents as requested this includes the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and the Information System Contingency Plan (ISCP).
- The Engineer shall implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and
- The Contractor shall identify and define system security
- The Contractor shall design computer security architecture and develop detailed security designs.
- The Contractor shall prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- The Contractor shall configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure
- The Contractor shall develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable
- The Contractor shall report any security issues or incidents to management and provide a detailed explanation in both oral and written
- The Contractor shall produce comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security
- 10 years of relevent experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) with an emphasis in security assessment and testing, and operations.
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred