Help Desk Support Technician II US - CMPCJP00048129
12 months contract-to-hire position for a Help Desk Support Technician II in Portland, Oregon
Call center experience is a must! The candidate must have experience talking on the phone in a call center environment. Customer service is also a must. Looking for a contractor to provide support for the Portland Helpdesk. The consultant will be responsible for level 1 support (password resets, active directory, Lotus/IBM notes resets, HP service manager ticket system). Looking for someone who has had call center experience. Technical experience is a must but really needs to know the fast-paced environment of a call center.
Work hours are the early shift. Either 5: 30 am start, or 7: 30 am start. 40 hours a week, no overtime.
· Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
· Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
· Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
· Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up.
· Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are identified to a higher level of support.
· May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
· May require an associate' s degree in a related area and 3 to 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Familiar with a variety of the field' s concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
· Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.