DevOps engineer - 6713
Sr. DevOps Engineer in Plano, TX
• Stealthily plan and lead the deployment of the cloud solution in a production environment.
• Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components.
• Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Ansible, and the deployment of those environments, using containers, like Docker or Rocket: (and for the love of automation, at least have some configuration management tool through some version control)
• Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
• Collaborate with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
• Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers.
• Implementing scalable system solutions is required.
• AWS DevOps Engineer that has experience automating infrastructure in AWS with Chef and Ansible
• CI/CD (DevOps) exp. with Jenkins
• Any software engineering experience is a big plus (esp. Python or higher-end scripting language).
• At least 1 year of experience developing applications embracing Agile principles.
• At least 1 year of experience with a formal version control tool (Subversion, Git, TFS, or ClearCase).
• At least 2 years of experience with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support.
• Master’ s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
• AWS Certified.
• 2+ years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting.
• 2+ years of experience with current licensing strategies around Open Source (Apache Foundation, GNU, MIT License).