Desktop Deployment Engineer II
The Desktop Deployment Engineer II shall be responsible for Windows desktop design, testing, security lockdown implementation, integration with standard software packages, integration with automated patching and deployment technologies, documentation and training to include automating application and configuration deployments and updates. Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for engineering and configuring data and printing between various classification levels and ensuring security of data for all desktop systems.
- The Contractor shall proactively address performance and anticipated user requirements
- The Contractor shall be able to support both a Windows and Linux mixed environment.
- The Contractor shall provide hands on experience in implementing and supporting, Active Directory, GPO Management, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Deployments.
- The Contractor shall be able to understand typical desktop issues and troubleshoot local and virtual installs of applications and determine if issue is hardware or software related and resolve issue by either implementing fixes or walking users through problem resolution
- The Contractor shall set up systems from box to desk with multiple components to include keyboard, video, mouse switch boxes, multiple interface connections, multifunction printer set ups, and post implementation support, user guidance or training and maintenance.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for ensuring that the client’ s performance, security, user experience, reliability, availability, and all other functional and non-functional requirements are met.
- The Contractor shall maintain system documentation.
- The Contractor shall assist with system accreditation and monitoring.
- The Contractor shall provide timely problem resolution.
- The Contractor shall track all system inventory and update documentation of any configuration changes.
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices. Author step by step solutions for Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 for frequently asked questions and problem resolution references.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred