Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) DevOps Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) DevOps Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas 78759. This manager will be responsible for maintaining and executing organizational policies and procedures for change management, asset and configuration management, release and deployment management, and service monitoring, support and problem management.
The incumbent manages a team of DevOps, CI/CD and Release Engineers to deliver technology solutions along with monitoring and supporting service level incidents. Additionally, the incumbent works with Stakeholders to identify and define next generation CI/CD and DevOps opportunities. The Manager leads the Change Advisory Board and governs all changes to production and client environments. They establish and maintain an inventory of software and hardware assets and their configuration and manage activities required to build, package, deploy and verify internal and external releases. The incumbent creates and executes strategies for automated CI/CD and also identifies and implements system monitoring capabilities. In addition, the manager establishes and monitors performance against service level agreements and leads the problem management function along with communication to stakeholders regarding incidents and problems.
- Identify staffing needs, find resource, and manage geographically distributed CI/CD DevOps engineering team.
- Lead CI/CD DevOps practices including definition of processes, metrics, tools selection and automation.
- Deliver key DevOps initiatives including planning and team organization and execution.
- Develop CI/CD pipeline and automate all aspects of the SDLC.
- Ensure standardized, mature change management and release management processes and automate deployment and maintenance procedures using industry-standard scripting languages.
- Configure and tune an enterprise monitoring and instrumentation system(s) to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends.
- Orchestrate the provisioning, load balancing, dynamic configuration/re-configuration, monitoring and spend optimization of servers across cloud providers, data centers, availability zones.
- Improve the performance, security, redundancy and availability of systems.
- Utilize and implement Configuration Management building blocks using tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Analyze performance for capacity planning on all development applications and systems.
- Rapid response to troubleshoot and triage production issues.
- Apply information security best practices and respond to security events.
- Analyze processes, recommend improvements, and write process documentation.
- Ability to work as part of an agile development team.
- Configuration management, provisioning and orchestration preferably with technologies like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a collaborative team to creatively solve challenging problems within tight deadlines.
- Proficient with Cloud and Virtualization technologies and their APIs (e.g., VMware vCenter, AWS, and Azure).
- Proficient with Windows and Linux operating systems administration and efficient usage.
- High competency with automation scripting and programming languages (i.e., Python, Ruby, Powershell, Bash, etc.).
- Manage multiple products/release cadences with source control branching strategies, taking into account CI/CD pipeline and automation.
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to effectively build and manage a team, deliverables and schedules.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Linux packaging methodologies and tools (RPM, Deb, Apt, Yum, etc.).
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, MS SQL) and NOSQL Database or related technologies.
- Experience with Containers/Micro-services as it pertains to Continuous Integration and deployment.
Experience running compatibility testing across multiple browsers, as well as mobile and tablet
“ Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”