Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CD) Implementation Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CD) Implementation Lead to join our team in Austin, Texas 78759. The lead will be responsible for recommending, designing, developing, deploying, documenting, and supporting processes, services, software and other tools to support automation, CI, and CD initiatives for internal and external projects.
This lead will collaborate with architects, developers, DevOps engineers, CI/CD engineers, and project stakeholders to define requirements and deliverables. The lead will provide mentorship and consultative services to staff, as well as updates to the CI/CD DevOps Manager regarding all CI/CD activities. They will participate in product and technology research, develop POCs, drive innovation, and support Development, Quality Assurance (QA), and Release Management.
The implementation lead will work directly within n Agile development process to provide daily support aligned with a model of Continuous Delivery, promote a Dev Ops culture through building relationships with Development & Operations, and drive enhancements to the end-to-end release process. They will help to define and evolve Source Control, Build, and Release best practices by working within the software teams and educating the other stakeholders. These best practices should be well documented and support traceability.
They will be tasked with automating, scheduling builds and deployments, performing manual deployments if needed, coordinating with the engineering and QA teams, and assisting in the development and implementation of CI automation tools, scripts, and workflows.
They are also responsible for maintaining the development repositories, custom integrations, and assisting in managing the lab environments.
- Collaborate with architects and other team members to define, document, design, and implement requirements for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery efforts across multiple projects.
- Drive and automate the build and deployment processes, as well as documentation of the same.
- Work with the technical writing staff to produce content for other teams describing the automation process and how to reproduce the manual steps, if required.
- Deliver recommendations and guidance with regard to automation, orchestration, build, and deployment efforts.
- Deliver recommendations and guidance with regard to project scoping, release/sprint planning using Agile DevOps tools (e.g., Rally/JIRA), and prioritization for automation, orchestration, build, and deployment efforts.
- Lead Continuous Integration and Custom Development scrums to drive team objectives for the Continuous Integration team and represent the CI team on leadership scrums.
- Research and develop POCs and implementation plans for automation, orchestration, build, deployment, and process improvements, as well as new products, new technologies, and other opportunities to innovate.
- 5+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities performing deployments and continuous integration for enterprise level multi-layer and multi-tiered web applications.
- 3+ years in at least one CI tool (Jenkins preferred), as well as other DevOps tools like Source Control applications (e.g., Git, Github Enterprise, BitBucket) and Agile tools (e.g., Rally, Jira, Confluence).
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a collaborative team to creatively solve challenging problems within tight deadlines.
- Proficient with Virtualization technologies and their APIs (e.g., VMware vCenter).
- Proficient with Cloud IaaS services (e.g. AWS, preferably Azure).
- Proficient with Windows and Linux operating systems administration and efficient usage.
- High competency with automation scripting and programming languages (i.e., Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.).
- Competency with configuration Management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, Ansible, etc.).
- Capable of managing multiple products/release cadences with source control branching strategies.
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to effectively manage deliverables and schedules.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Achieved Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) Certification.
- Experience with Linux packaging methodologies and tools (RPM, Deb, Apt, Yum, etc.).
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, MS SQL) and NOSQL Database (MongoDB) or related technologies.
- Experience with Containers/Micro-services as it pertains to Continuous Integration and deployment.
- ChatOps experience with popular cloud chat applications (e.g. Slack, HipChat).
- Experienced with Node.js deployments and associated tools (e.g. Sinopia, Meteor)
- Experience with ServiceNow.
“ Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”