210 Mundy Memorial Dr.
Post Date: 03/01/2017
Job ID: 14745
Industry: Other Area(s)
As part of the start-up team, The Continuous Improvement Leader, leads and guides the Business Operating System for the new plant. The Business Operating System is the company-wide production management system aimed at improving business performance. DBOS focuses on applying best practice improvement tools to become more efficient and effective in our work, resulting in increased productivity, greater levels of customer satisfaction and increased value to our shareholders.
The Continuous Improvement Leader reports to the Plant Manager. S/he is responsible for the leading and guidance of the BOS and Continuous Improvement deployment projects for operational and support processes, functions and disciplines with the Mount Juliet plant. The role also covers support activities in other plants undergoing DBOS transformations and act as a Coach/Mentor to the team members.
The Continuous Improvement Leader works within the BOS implementation teams to install BOS tools and drive performance. S/he acts as the plant subject matter expert for the BOS tools and is responsible for all BOS activities at the plant. This will include functional support areas such as S&OP, Procurement, Logistics and all other functional support areas. This position does not have direct reports but is part of a strong, dynamic team. S/he will have strong organizational, communication, coaching and project management skills. S/he will have strong interactions with all functional departments on all levels are required (Finance, Logistics, HR, Engineering, Procurement, Application Engineering, Product Management, Sales & Marketing).
- As a member of the leadership team, fosters a culture of transparency, disciplined problem solving, high performance work teams, and continuous improvement. Strives to ensure the appropriate team, tools, and processes are in place to support these desired cultural traits.
- Leads and promotes safety awareness with other key members of the plant team. Promotes accident prevention and employee involvement in regard to a safe work environment. Ensures employees have an understanding of the safety expectations of the organization.
- Leads and fosters the continuous improvement roadmap for the manufacturing team. Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive continued operational improvements and ensures engagement of the entire manufacturing team through strong communication and clear direction.
- Development of Site BOS deployment plans consistent with global / region strategic and operational planning.
- Identification and organization of resources required to achieve successful implementation in accordance with plan.
- Lead and manage individual project teams and deployment plans all functional levels.
- Develop skill levels of practitioners and other site personnel in order to implement and sustain BOS.
- Monitor progress against plans and achievement of continuous improvement and progression to higher assessment levels.
- Monitor and report all site level measurements and performance within the plant
- Lead the value stream project teams, develop value stream maps and execute the BOS implementation plan for specific value streams to achieve the plant level BOS metrics and goals.
- Create, plan, drive and follow-up of the BOS implementation plan and ensure BOS actions are visual to stakeholders and are driven to a sustainable closure.
- Account for predicted savings and track, validate and post to the financial operating results.
- Provide leadership on lean thinking, lean processing and lean production.
- Train team members, management and staff in all BOS tools.
- Ensure that the changes are implemented:
o Within budget
o With desired results – financial benefits
o The “ Future State” is realized and becomes the new “ Current State
- Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive improvements.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience with focus on production, logistics or industrial engineering and economical knowledge. 1 to 2 years of experience as TEOA practitioner and demonstrated evidence of sustained, successful lean activities within specific value streams.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities at site level or value stream level essential.
- Leading saving projects in a plant, manufacturing environment.
- Working globally and cross-culturally (beyond working for a global company).
- Previous hands-on and practical experience in using value stream mapping and implementing BOS tool in at least the following areas: Safety + 5S (6S), Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM preferred.
- Training, lean six sigma, processes, charts
- This is a strategic growth position for the company. As they continue to grow there will be direct reports under him/her
- Report directly to the plant manager
- Processes, initiatives