Cloud Software Test Engineer
Plano, Texas 75093
• Test high-performance TCP/IP networking protocols at layer 2 and layer 3
• Develop test suites that run locally and in public clouds like AWS, Azure and the Google Cloud Platform.
• Develop test code in Python and deploy it, both locally and in the target cloud environment, using Ansible.
• Write test cases to validate the correct behavior of applications and application features.
• Write test cases to characterize application performance and resource consumption.
• Advocate, develop and deploy new testing/automation tools and concepts.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrate good technical judgment and strong analytical skills.
• 3+ years of testing experience with IP networking, routing or switching technologies.
• 2+ years of experience in testing application or services in the cloud.
• Hands-on engineering lab experience testing hardware or software.
• Able to write scripts (python, shell and REST APIs) that help with debugging and validation of application features.
• Exposure to packet sniffing software is a plus
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’ s Degree preferred and/or equivalent in training and experience.
• 2+ years in a software/hardware test engineering role.