Civil Site Engineer
Position: Civil Site Development Engineer
A leading, multi-disciplined professional services planning and engineering firm that responds to their clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. The firm seeks to hire and retain high quality, dedicated, and responsible employees. The nature of the firm' s work requires employees who apply independent and dynamic thought to solve complex issues. The selected candidate will join a successful, busy office of engineers, planners, and landscape architects in support of public and private sector projects throughout Tennessee and surrounding states.
Position is available for site development civil engineer in Nashville, Tennessee that will work collaboratively with a Project Manager in a team environment and will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of site civil construction documents. Project tasks may include:
- Performing due diligence, site analysis, and design on a variety of site development projects;
- Preparing conceptual/schematic site plans including layout, grading and drainage plans, earthwork calculations, stormwater management, and utility plans;
- Preparing construction documents including demolition plans, staking and material plans, erosion control plans, grading and drainage plans, stormwater management, utilities, site details, transportation improvements, and project cost estimates/analysis, etc.;
- Assisting Project Manager with managing design team and subconsultants; and
- Assisting Project Manager with planning, scheduling, budgeting and execution of all phases of design work including project close-out.
- A BS / MS in Civil Engineering or closely related field; EIT required;
- Professional registration preferred, or ability to secure registration within 6 months of hire.
- 4 - 8 years or more of progressive experience in land development, site civil engineering, sediment and erosion control, and stormwater management;
- Construction phase service experience preferred;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D and hydraulic design software is a plus;
- Well organized with the ability to manage team members, multi-task, and prioritize work; and
- Candidate will have good communication skills, both written, oral and listening, and good interpersonal skills as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience.