CMPCJP00047612-Network Engineer II
Plano, Texas 75024
3 month contract to hire role
this position required: 5 to 10 years experience with Fortinet and Juniper. Emphasis on VPN, wireless, static routing, and policies on Fortinet. FortiWIFI FortiWIFI 80CM Fortigate 140D FortiAP FortiManager Juniper just general routing and switching.
Networking II specialist. Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and repair of data communications network equipment.
Candidate to provide connectivity and network support to all network components, services to both CompuCom and its customers. Performs analysis of software, hardware, and network systems for processors, multiplexes, LAN/WAN communications and various transmission systems. Proposes and implements hardware and software upgrades that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Sets up user accounts on company’ s servers and runs necessary system backups. Serves as the technical liaison with customers. Maintains records on repairs, downtime, changes and updates.
Education & Certification
- Associate Degree or higher
- Professional level certs
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5-7 years professional experiences as a network administrator or equivalent position (Not Helpdesk or Desktop support)
- Strong troubleshooting skill on Fortinet & Juniper routers and switches for both LAN/WAN topologies.
- Strong understanding of the organization’ s goals and objectives
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a NOC environment; collaborative environment
- Excellent customer support skill
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-driven individual with little to no supervision
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to conduct research and apply to problem resolution
- Office is in Plano Texas
- Shift 9a – 6p but may change depending on project