AIX Systems Engineer
Large organization in Jackson, Mississippi is looking for Sr. AIX Engineers!
Excellent opportunity for a long-term contract with a potential to convert to perm status if this is your desire!
Looking for an experienced, professional, and energetic individual who will help successfully manage over 400+ AIX Unix servers and manage all AIX software installations. In addition, Systems Engineer is required to assist security with all compliance and security related tickets affecting Unix servers.
- Must have 5 years of experience working in a AIX Unix server environment including AIX 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1 operating systems
- Hands on experience with the following AIX Server Solutions, including: HMC, GPFS, LVM, Power7/Power8 Hardware
- Networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc. and Server virtualization technologies (especially IBM LPAR/WPAR)
- IBM server and storage hardware, software and firmware, a solid understanding of server security fundamentals and server deployment methodologies and best practices
- Web services Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Virtual I/O (VIO) technology
- Experience working with LPARS
- Understand how hardware is installed
- Understanding of networks
- End to End ability to install and delivery of system